Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's that time of year again..December 1st has arrived with a whimper, except for Mr. Manilow and his amazing Christmas CD. I have to say, I absolutely love everything about it. From the jazz piano solos, to the arrangements, to the vocals, to the choice of songs. I love how the intros to the songs include other Christmas songs. Ingenious. But what else would we expect from the genius arranger and composer. Barry nailed it again and it has made its way to the top of my favorite Christmas albums.

My favorite song? I can't pick one. They are all unique. I love Silver Bells for the many vocals. I love Winter Wonderland for the piano solo. I love Jingle Bells for the peppy arrangement. I love It Came Upon a Midnight Clear for the way Barry interprets the lyrics. Violets for Your Furs was a complete surprise and Count Your Blessings brings back memories of watching White Christmas with my daughter.

This cd reminds me of the genius that is Manilow and I can't stop discovering all the little hidden gems in every single song. He always surprises us and surpasses our expectations. With this Christmas cd, it truly is the most wonderful time of year.

Thanks Barry for your never ending gift of music. And hopefully while we are hustling and bustling around this year we remember that Jesus is the greatest gift of all.

Merry Christmas to all,
Texas Fanilow

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics