Sunday, November 11, 2007

All the wasted time...

You know how it goes. You think when you're young that you have your whole life ahead of you. You have dreams and you have goals. You plan things out the best you can and then you wake up one morning at 40, 50 or 60 and ask yourself where has the time gone? What happened to those years and are there enough left to find the dreams that you might have lost along the way?

My answer: it's never too late. I read a story once of a woman who received her law degree at 75. It was something she had always wanted to do. So after her kids were grown and her husband passed away, she went back to school. It took her ten years, but at 75 she walked across that stage at Harvard to a standing ovation. Now that's the kind of perserverance I want to have.

For many of us in the world of Manilow, those dreams include the 90 minutes of joy we get after listening to the "dreamer" himself. As he so aptly puts it.."what a life!" He inspires us to go for it and to not regret a single moment of the time we have left.

"All the time, all the wasted time... all the years, just waiting for a sign. To think I had it all. All the time." I'm not going to waste another moment of this life I've been given. I have dreams and I'm grabbing hold of them and "spreading my wings". After all, "with all there is, why settle for just a piece of sky?"

Carpe Diem,
Texas Fanilow

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics