Friday, January 2, 2009

Playlists


I don't have an Ipod. I might be the only one I know that doesn't. Everyone in my family does. I know..it's an oddity I've yet to understand. I'm the tech geek, and yet I don't own one. My music listening is confined to my MDA Phone (which holds about 250 mg of songs) and my desktop computer. Since I share a car, I rarely get to listen to Barry in it. And my CD player is pretty archaic as far as stereo systems go.

Lately I've been amusing myself by making playlists in Windows Media. It's remarkable how so many of Barry's songs lend themselves to categories. Here are two playlists you might find fun to make yourself.

Dancin'
Dancin' in the Aisles
Dancin' Fool
Dancing in the Dark
Come Dance With Me/Come Fly With Me
They Danced
At the Dance
Why Don't We Try a Slow Dance
Stompin' at the Savoy
Moonlight Serenade
Carless Whisper
Jump Shout Boogie Medley
Copacabana

Duets
I Won't Be the One to Let Go
Baby, It's Cold Outside
The Last Duet
Look to the Rainbow
Fugue for Tinhorns
A Gift of Love
Sincerely/Teach Me Tonight
You've Got a Friend
This Can't Be Real
Stay
Cherish/Windy
Big City Blues
On a Slow Boat to China
I Love Being Here with You
Islands in the Stream

There are certainly other categories: Friends, Relationships, Love (too many on this one), Overcoming. The lists could go on forever. Sometimes it's just fun to group the songs together for a change of pace. When you do that you never know what you will hear or experience!

Give it a try and let me know what categories you come up with,
Texas Fan

(P.S. Let me know if I missed any in these categories...I'm sure I did!)


No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics