Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Where do I begin? Manilow on Kimmel


Since Jimmy Kimmel live is on at 1am in my neck of the woods, I recorded the episode for later viewing. Imagine my shock and surprise when my DVR malfunctioned and I was unable to watch it the following day. Luckily, it was HuLu to the rescue and I was able to see the "chat" and both song performances this morning. (better late than never!)

There's no way around it, Kimmel makes Barry feel relaxed. He gives him time to talk, asks some cute questions and uses his unique form of comedy to take jabs but make it all in fun. Something I learned: Barry followed Ozzy Osbourne years ago. Now that's an interesting tidbit of information. Was anybody there that remembers it???? (I'd PAY to see a clip of that show!)

All in all, it was a great guest appearance and two good performances of songs from the new album. He looked good in that blue suit and black shirt and his band looked amazing as well on that stage with him. It's so good to see familiar faces when he performs--there is comfort in the familiar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alert! Personal opinion to follow:
I watched the clips several times and I can't for the life of me figure out why people thought he was lip syncing the songs. It's obvious he was actually singing. The only answer I could come up with: it's the botox that keeps his face from moving. I'll add my comment to YBA's: it's time to age gracefully and own your years. Trust me, I know what it's like to look in the mirror and see those wrinkles and gray hair. But seriously, how many of us would LOVE to see Barry look "natural" again??? Save some bucks and take the Robert Redford route--you've earned every one of those 60+ years!

If you didn't get a chance to see the show or the clips, here are the links:
I can't give you anything but love
Where do I begin?
Barry or Ozzy?
Interview

All in all, a GREAT appearance!
Texas Fan

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics