Monday, January 28, 2008

I Want to Be Somebody's Baby...

I wanna be mothered and fathered
And sistered and brothered
It's gonna be gruesome and grand
I swear I'll keep you worried and sweatin'
And busy and bothered
You'll run around wringin' your hands

I'll call you at three in the mornin'
Wailin' my woes to the sky
I'll slip out of sight without warnin'
And return with a gleam in my eye


Do you ever feel like you’re always the one that’s strong? I sure do. There are days when I feel like I’m going to explode with the weight of the world on my shoulders. Today was one of those days. I don’t know why it happens. It’s just some days it overwhelms me. I’ve been that “go to” person my whole life. And there are days that I resent it and wish it were different.


I discovered this song a few months ago and I was amazed to find the frustration and even anger nestled in a rather upbeat song. I suppose Barry felt that way many times. And perhaps he still feels that way at times. And I can’t help but wonder what he does when he feels that way. Does he vent to someone? Maybe he penns a song, just like he did with this one. For me, I write. It gives me a release and keeps me from taking out my frustration on the people I care about. Listen to the song some time and pay attention to the words.


Right now I wanna be somebody's baby
Let somebody worry 'bout me,

Texas Fanilow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
I am always around if you need to vent.
Take care my friend

Your aussie friend

 
Clicky Web Analytics