Saturday, July 19, 2008

Holdin' Out For You

The New Vault song...wowser! This one blows me away. I think it's a masterpiece and once again we read it was passed over with the excuse that it sounded like Even Now. Actually, I think the theme and the musical arrangement are completely different. And as far as I'm concerned, this is a masterpiece.

Why? It's the story of many of our lives. So many of us are looking for "the one". The one who will love us unconditionally. The one who makes us feel complete. The one who makes us feel alive and special. The one who we can say "I Love You" to and finally mean it with all our hearts. It's that soul mate that we all want to find and as the song says, "but what I'm going for is worth what I'm going through, and I'll have more than anyone the day I'm holding you". You can't help but wonder if Barry feels these words today...

Loving the song,
Texas Fan


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto!

This song is exquisite! I felt like I was back in the study hall at the University of Texas, listening to the best song on his album! How in the world did that not get released?!?

Barry, PLEASE get this song released!!!!!!!!

With gratitude,
Another Texas 30+ years fan

Anonymous said...

Yep, I totally agree!!! Marty has this amazing ability to write lyrics that we all can relate to (although I always feel it's just me). My only moan....it shouldn't be in a vault...it should be released for the whole world to hear!

Anonymous said...

This song is beyond words I can describe. And I'm kind of curious - was Barry singing about himself, or is it just a song he made a general?

 
Clicky Web Analytics