Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Some Thoughts

I was sitting outside enjoying the cool breeze this afternoon, reading a magazine. I've been in an introspective mode today so I thought I'd post two quotes, and a third that I thought we could ponder on this Veteran's Day because today is about freedom and the price we pay to have it.

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
Voltaire

A government big enough to give you what you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have.
Gerald Ford

I believe that we are who we choose to be. Nobody is going to come and save you. You've got to save yourself. Nobody is going to give you anything. You've got to go out and fight for it. Nobody knows what you want except you, and nobody will be as sorry as you if you don't get it. So don't give up your dreams.
Barry Manilow in "Sweet Life"

Pensive,
Texas Fan



No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics