Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

It's that time of year again when Hallmark perpetuates its holiday and we all buy into it. I've always hated this holiday. Even when I was young and "in love". But today, for some unexplained reason, I find myself sad. After 38 years of marriage, and much drama, the sparks just aren't there. You find this comfortable place and not that it's bad, but I find myself wishing for that passion.

So...I'm trying to find some love today. Just to make some sense of this silly holiday and take away the sadness. I heard a recent radio interview with Barry in LA when they were talking about his Valentine's Day concert. He said, "it's not just for couples, it's also about friends." For some reason, that brings me comfort. That's where the love seems to flow freely and openly and where I can find some compassion and hope.

So on this Hallmark holiday, I'd like to say, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all of my friends. Thanks for the LOVE and thanks for "giving without taking". I hope that in 2008 we can grow even closer and share some great Manilow memories together.

Finally feeling the LOVE,
Texas Fanilow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To my wonderful friend, I wish you a very Happy Valentines Day.
Friendships last forever, but the love of our partners may only last a short time. I know which one I treasure.
Have a good one and remember I am always with you in spirit.

Your aussie friend

 
Clicky Web Analytics