Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back to Reality

If I had my choice, I'd travel around the globe, stopping for weeks at a time to unpack; and then packing up to go to a new destination. I actually enjoy hotel rooms, restaurants, discovering new places and morning coffee delivered by room service.

My idea of the perfect job? I would like to have Samantha Jones' on the Travel Channel. She gets to travel all over the world, stay in the poshest resorts, eat the most tantalizing food and experience four star treatment everywhere she goes. That type of life appeals to me. Unfortunately, my bank account and my lifestyle do not coincide with my fantasy dream world.

The closest thing to this life is when I travel with my friends several times a year to Las Vegas to see Barry or take a trip with my daughter to Boston or New York. It's during these times that I am the happiest. Reality takes a back seat and nothing else seems to matter but long chats, relaxing by the pool, late night conversations, sampling the restaurant fare, and taking in the sights. The cares of the world take a back seat at the moment and I am able to forget all the drama that waits for me back at home.

In my next life, I'm going to travel the world...never have a home address...and never, I repeat never, stay in one place for more than a month at a time.

Wishing I were anywhere but here...a little traveling music please!
Texas Fan


No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics