Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why Not?

I've been thinking lately about those two little words...why not? They pretty much sum up what dreaming is all about. Dreaming, wishing and hoping involve seeing things that aren't seen. Sometimes those things seem out of reach and impossible. But just for a change, ask yourself those two little words...why not? Why not move across country and start your life over? Why not take that trip that you have been putting off for years? Why not tell that person you're in love with that "the sun and moon rise in his eyes"? Why not take a step of faith and risk it all for love? Why not change your life if it's driving you in the wrong direction? And...why not "take a chance" when all you have to lose is regret?

Our days are filled with "what ifs" and "I wish I would haves". Why can't they be filled with "why nots?" When I first heard those two little words they rocked me out of my complacency and made me take a hard look at possibility. And I realized why settle for mediocrity when there is a world of "why nots" out there waiting to be explored.

Where's the Manilow tie in? Harmony of course..."was that the bridge we should have crossed, the one we burned".

Why not love? Why not dream? Why not live? Don't let fear keep you from asking "why not?"

The possibilities are endless...
Texas Fanilow

1 comment:

MoonStone said...

Very inspiring, thank you!

moon

 
Clicky Web Analytics