Sunday, March 9, 2008

Taking someone for granted

I took a break from the music of Manilow because my heart and my head needed some raw emotional music to help me today with some very angry feelings. This is a Matchbox Twenty song:


Push

She said I don't know if I've ever been good enough
I'm a little bit rusty, and I think my head is caving in
And I don't know if I've ever been really loved
By a hand that's touched me, well I feel like something's
Gonna give
And I'm a little bit angry, well

This ain't over, no not here, not while I still need you
Around
You don't owe me, we might change
Yeah we just might feel good

I wanna push you around, well I will, I will
I wanna push you down, well I will, I will
I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted
Well I will

She said I don't know why you ever would lie to me
Like I'm a little untrusting when I think that the truth is
Gonna hurt ya
And I don't know why you couldn't just stay with me
You couldn't stand to be near me
When my face don't seem to want to shine
Cuz it's a little bit dirty well

Don't just stand there, say nice things to me
I've been cheated I've been wronged, and you
You don't know me, I can't change
I won't do anything at all


I wanna push you around, well I will, I will
I wanna push you down, well I will, I will
I wanna take you for granted, I wanna take you for granted
Well I will


Relationships can be complicated at their best and completely frustrating and confusing at their worst. I find it so unthinkable that someone could love someone and hurt them over and over again with lack of concern for their feelings. But it happens all the time and its happening to one of my closest friends and I look for a way to understand how you can allow someone to do this to you. She tells me she loves him unconditionally and I can certainly understand that. But watching him hurt her over and over again makes we grasp for answers. And when I do grasp I remember that he's gripped with fear. That he's afraid of disappointing her and that although his heart wants to love, he can't move past his past. So he pulls away.

So I come here. And I vent. And I hope that at some point he will wake up and see that having someone love you that way is rare. And I hope that her fragile heart can withstand another day of him "pushing her around, pushing her down, and taking her for granted".

Angry,
Texas Fan


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I am probably going way off coarse here with your post but you got me to thinking.

Isn't it amazing how we all believe the bad things about ourselves but have trouble with believing the good stuff? We drag this "bad stuff" around with us every day and everywhere we go like a ball and chain. We believe it is the "real us" when it isn't. It is just the garbage that we have been fed all our lives about ourselves. When we believe that garbage, we treat others badly since we feel so bad. We need to find a way to erase those bad messages and refill with good messages.

Ok...kind of a sappy post...but it is your fault. You got me going. LOL

Signed,
Fanbutnotcrazy

 
Clicky Web Analytics