Sunday, March 9, 2008

What it means to be a Manilow fan

After all the drama of the last few weeks and all the negativity floating around in the Manilow world, I was reminded this evening how truly special Manilow fans can be. Those of us in "blogland" know her as Scooter. She spends countless hours putting her memories online for all of us to share every single day. Much of what I have learned about Barry and his music has been from the amazing collection of memorabilia that she has willingly shared with all of us.

After reading one of my blogs she performed a "random act of kindness" for me today. It might not have been a big deal to anyone else or even to her, but for me, it was monstrous. And the simple fact that she took the time to really "listen" to what I say here when I write means the world to me.

Thanks Scooter for all you do for us and thanks for showing me what it means to be a Manilow fan.
Suzanne (aka Texas Fan)


2 comments:

you begin again.... said...

Scooter has some great stuff on her blog. Glad to hear there's a great person behind it too. :-)

Sheron said...

Well, damn. Now you made me cry. Thanks, Suzanne for your wonderful post.

Fans like Suzanne are why I wanted to create my blog. I wanted to share 25+ years of collecting Manilow printed matter with other fans who either never saw it, or might like to read it again.

And as I just told Suzanne in an email right before I read this post, others have shared so much wonderful Manilow stuff with me over the years. I'm just trying to "pay it forward."

 
Clicky Web Analytics