Sunday, May 18, 2008

Where do you hide your heart?

Another day, a lonely day
So much to say that goes unspoken
And through the night, his sleepless nights
His eyes are closed, his heart is broken
(Solitare)

Yesterday's a dream
I face the morning
Crying on a breeze
The pain is calling
(Mandy)

And so you smile your smile
And fool those fools you care about
You've got it all
You've got the whole thing figured out
Well haven't you?
(ShadowMan)

You know I wanted to be like my mother
But if I hadn't done it as soon as I did
Oh there might have been time to be me
For myself, for myself
There's so many things that she wishes
She don't even know what she's missing
But that's how she knows that she's missed.

(Sandra)

And I've looked high, low
Everywhere I possibly can
But there's no trying to get the feeling again
It seemed to disappear as fast as it came.
(Tryin' to Get the Feelin')

Smile, make them think you're happy
Lie, and say that things are fine.
And hide that empty longing that you feel
Don't ever show it, just keep your heart concealed.
(Friend of a Wounded Heart)

I hear you're down again
You've lost the will to win
Where do you run when your hurting?
Where do you hide your heart?
(Where Do You Hide Your Heart?)

Sometimes, the music and lyrics just know.

Come Monday.
Texas Fan

No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics