Saturday, April 12, 2008

Memories

Last night's Music and Passion show in Las Vegas will be memorable because of two songs. Once you hear the two songs you may think I have gone over to the dark side. However, I assure you that is not the case.


These two song choices are based on the sheer emotion Barry displayed while singing them. I can't recall a time I have ever seen him crawl so deeply into a song and last night we got a double header. They weren't the usual ballads, nor were they in the usual song sets. Both songs, in their own ways, have provided me with a once in a lifetime memory that will most likely never be replaced or topped.


The first song: Memory. When he began to play the first few chords to this song I took a deep breath. I knew we were in for a moment of magic from Manilow and that he intended to give us a song that would pull at our heartstrings and leave us in a bucket of emotions when it was done. And I was not disappointed. It is ine the lyrics of that song that I find the words to describe how it made me feel: touch me and you'll know what happiness is. That song hit me in my heart and reminded me why a Manilow show delivers even when you are least expecting it to.


The second song: (hold on to your hats) Who's Been Sleeping in My Bed. It wasn't the mic stand or the sexy moves that got to me. It was the way he knows how to play to the crowd and grab hold of the moment. Yes..it was a sexy rendition. Yes. It provided the usual fan reaction of hooting and hollering. But what I will remember the most is how he played the part so well and how he became the song he was singing.


Last night is a unique memory for me. The songs that were sung, the moments that brought me to tears. The excitement of the crowd. And a song choice that blew Streisand's version out of the water. All in all, a memory I will not soon forget.


Thanks Barry for once again adding to my book of memories.
Texas Fan


No comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics